Pre-K is an exciting time! We look forward to establishing the best possible learning environment for your child. We will offer our students a wide variety of educational and recreational experiences. These experiences will include many hands on, social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and creative development opportunities. We hope that these experiences will instill a lifelong love of learning and prepare them for the success they will have in Kindergarten.
Children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2023 and live in the Skiatook School district boundaries are eligible for our free full-day preschool program.
Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st grade virtual enrollment is open. Please visit www.skiatookschools.org for enrollment information. Early enrollment for Pre-K is important due to availability.
Arrival and Dismissal
Pre-Kindergarten students are to be dropped off and picked up in the front parking area. Please use only the farthest right lane. This will keep children from walking in front of other cars.
When you pick up your child:
- Place your child’s name tag in your front car window or on the sun visor and pull forward as far as possible in the student pick up lane.
- Each student will be given two name tags. Anyone picking up your child must have a name tag for their window. Additional name tags can be requested from the office.
- Any car without a name tag will need to park, and the parent will need to walk to the office with photo ID to get a tag.
- All Pre-K students will be released at 2:20 from the main entrance.
- Marrs staff members will load students in their cars from the student loading zone on the passenger side only.
- Parents who want to park and walk up to pick up their child must pull into a parking space, bring their child’s name tag, use the crosswalks, go to the farthest north main entrance door, and show the teacher at the door their child’s name tag. Any parent without a student name tag will need to go to the office with a photo ID to get a tag.
If you are picking up another person’s child, the child’s parent must contact the office prior to the end of the day. If it will be an everyday arrangement, then a written notice must be on file in the office.
*Bus transportation is not provided for Pre-K students.
The Pre-K schedule is 8:00-2:20 daily. Breakfast and lunch is offered. Also see Pre-K link.
On-time arrival and daily attendance is highly encouraged. This is your child’s first school experience and regular attendance and punctuality will help begin to develop successful habits. Students with more than 10 absences per semester may be dropped from the program and a student will be added from our waiting list.
Please do not bring your child to school if they are running a fever or have vomited with a 24 hours of your child arriving to school. If students arrive to school with these symptoms or develop these symptoms parents will be notified to come and pick their child up.
Each child must be completely toilet trained by the first day of school. No exceptions. The child must be able to attend his/her bathroom needs. Pull-ups are considered diapers and are not allowed. Children with pants wet/soiled on a regular basis will be considered not toilet trained. If a student soils their pants the parents will be notified to come up to school and change their child’s clothes if the child is unable to change into new clothing. We completely understand that accidents do happen and that is why we ask that you have a clean change of clothes in the students backpack at all times.
- To stimulate children learning in all areas by providing an environment that is active, engaging, and creative.
- To develop letter and number recognitions as well as beginning development of phonemic awareness.
- To increase stamina, social development, and language development.
- Improve Kindergarten Readiness.
- Decrease time of learning procedures and adjusting to the environment of Kindergarten.
PRE-K CONTACT INFORMATION
Sherrie McGuckin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phylicia Crain - email@example.com
Phone – 918-396-2295
Fax – 918-396-5711
1100 South Osage St.
Skiatook, OK 74070
Your child’s teacher will be communicating weekly through take home letters, emails, and our monthly activity calendar. We also periodically use our phone school messenger system. Please book mark our district website www.skiatookschools.org if you have not already done so. The webpage is a great way to keep current on what is happening at our school as well as the district. Our district will also periodically post information on our district Facebook page.